The bride with a classic, elegant, and chic style will often opt for a vintage wedding. The idea of using classic decor and bringing the romance of the past to life in a ceremony that is all about you is the dynamic that makes the vintage wedding desirable.
The selections available to the bride and groom are only limited by the vendors they choose. Going vintage really does open every door to the past. You can submerge yourself in any era with grace and charm. While some selections are ultra-romantic and soft, other arrangements are rustic and chic. Your wedding is designed by you, and you are given the tools to make your dreams a reality. You do not have to purchase antique centerpieces, a vintage gown, or crystal candelabras. These items are made available to you for a fraction of what it would cost to purchase them.
The Average Costs Of A Wedding
According to wedding experts, The Knot, the average costs for a wedding is over $37,000 dollars. While a few very high-cost celebrity weddings have probably inflated this figure, it is safe to say that weddings are one of the most costly events in your lifetime.
For many people that dollar amount is simply out of reach. Unlike the brides of yesteryear, most brides are getting married in their mid-twenties. They have already moved from their parents home, and they may even be living with their future spouse. This usually means they will be paying for their wedding at least in part, themselves.
With careful planning, thinking outside the box, and focusing on the important aspects of their wedding, every bride wants her dream wedding. They seek out ways to have a romantic and beautiful wedding on a budget. This will allow them to fall far beneath the average cost and still have their special day.
How to lower the costs
Here are a few ideas to help you reach your wedding goal:
Look for a cost-effective venue
- Instead of looking at the high-end churches, hotels, and country club, look to the local parks with ponds, gazebos. Consider going shabby chic with a barn wedding.
Rent instead of buying
- Seek vendors that have the finer things in stock
- It is possible to search the flea markets, and secondhand stores and gather what you need. But, it is time-consuming and at the end of the day, you have a trunk full of items that you have no use for. Instead, rent your decor. From dishes to candles, and garland, You can rent the items you need and return them after the wedding. This allows you a large selection of collections, and you do not have to worry about items not matching or being poor quality.
Set up a wedding fund early on
- This should be the first thing you do after you say “Yes.” Honeyfund is a free wedding registry site. You can set up your registry and advertise it on your wedding social media. Let your family and friends contribute to the items on your list in lieu of wedding and shower gifts.
Network with your friends
- Make a list of the services you will need and start asking your friends who they know. Be willing to trade your own services. Maybe your maid of honor has a cousin that does catering. Maybe your best man has a brother that DJ’s at the club on weekends. Publish your list on social media and send a shout out for help.
Lowering the cost of food
- Set a budget and ask the caterer what they can provide for that cost. Shop around. A caterer is going to suggest their most expensive dishes. But, if you can serve pasta or chicken instead of filet mignon, you could possibly pay your photographer with the money you save.
- What can you offer in exchange for service? By planning your wedding well in advance, you have time to work things out. See what your friends are buying for their weddings. Are they willing to loan these things to you? One bride was a website designer. She noticed a local photographer had a good reputation but a drab website. She bartered with him. She would redesign his website in exchange for her wedding pictures. She got it in writing, and she released the website to go live at the time when she picked up her photographs.
Set your sights high and determine what you need to do to reach them. Don’t be afraid to ask the people who love you for their help. Sometimes we discover that we have people in our circle who have facilities and equipment that they are willing to loan you. Family members may be willing to help fund your wedding or your honeymoon as their wedding gift to you. You will never know if you do not put it out there for consideration.
Before you begin on your wedding path, stop and consider what is really the most important thing to you. Most of us want to share our special day with people who love us. Most of us want to be the fairytale bride. You can make these dreams come true with careful planning and creativity.
So, what are you waiting for? Start planning your special day today and let your loved ones in on the fun.